Check out this blog!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Church can be... Fun?

Okay, so maybe an 'edgy' title for a blog entry. But I'm gonna be honest. Church and fun are words I wouldn't normally put in the same sentence. Unless, of course I would say, "Ya know, church needs to be more fun."

Not trying to disrespect the church here. I know church is not meant to be fun, not meant to entertain, not meant to be a leisurely pass-time. However, I am fairly positive God doesn't really want us to sit in our pews falling asleep. I have been in quite a few different churches growing up, and rarely did I think it was enjoyable. Unless, of course, refreshments were shared afterward.

So how exactly did I come to find church to be enjoyable?

They put in a gym! Just kidding. Actually, God changed my heart. He has given me a drive to learn about Him and grow in Him even more. So now, church is fun right? Eh, not exactly. When God gives us the desire to learn more about Him, we need to find a place to be edified in a way that glorifies Him. If there is indeed a change of heart, it may also be a change of direction. So, not every church will necessarily be 'fun,' but God will bring a peace to us when we are in the place we need to be. Sometimes we are in the right location, but are called to make a change. Sometimes we are told to move on. Listen to God. Be where He wants you to be. I am trying to find my place now. Prayers are appreciated!!

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Colin!! Great post! You always get me thinking when I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete