Check out this blog!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Over my head!!

Ever feel like God led you somewhere but then wondered if it was really His hand guiding you? Suppose He set a task before you (actually I'm sure you don't have to suppose; I'm sure He's set tasks before you as you read this.) I will use an example. This morning, as I drove towards a customer's house on a service call, I was praying a lot. I believe God called me to the coal business, at least for the time being. A few months ago, I probably would have told you this is only a temporary venture. Now, I'm not so sure. He may have me here longer than I expect to be. I prayed He would help me to impact the lives of the people I came into contact with. I got to the house where the service call was, changed a few wires around, and left. Did I impact anyone? I don't know. I hope so. Later today, after lunch, I went with Howard to deliver eight ton of bulk coal to a customer. No one was home when we got there. The bin already had coal in it, and I was doubtful about whether we would fit 16,000 pounds of coal into it. But God seemed to say "No worries Colin. I have led you here. Have faith." With something as small as not worrying about this delivery, God still had something to say. Essentially, there was a parallel drawn for me. Sometimes God calls us to do things that seem impossible. We tend to think or say "There is no way I can do this! Who does God think I am??" And that leaves the door open for God to say "Of course you can't do this alone. Apart from Me, you are nothing." Oh yeah... Sorry I got to thinking I was big enough to handle my own affairs again. Whether it's building a skyscraper or writing a check; flying a plane or walking to the post office; preaching to thousands or saying a simple prayer, we can't do any of it without God. An encouragement to anyone who feels out of their league right now! Lean on God now and always!

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like I am totally out of my league, thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question - yes. Sometimes He's obvious, and most times He's subtle. It's a comfort to know He's guiding even when I'm oblivious :) My first thought on your second coal story was maybe you were there for Howard...

    Love the new title and that you both are blogging - but I have to say - that photo still creeps me out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like your picture is for Double Trouble and Rachel too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the truth. We found the picture QUITE disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colin - I like your writing style. It's just like you're talking, and that is a skill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Trina! And thank you all for the encouragement. I am so thankful to have all of you as friends. :)

    ReplyDelete