Check out this blog!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am forgiven?

Okay, so I have had a lot going through my head lately. I don't know what triggered my contemplations, but I have been feeling 'unforgivable' lately. Memories of past sins come floating back to me , and I am left wondering if I ever confessed them to God. And sometimes I feel like even so, how could I be forgiven? I understand that I am washed by Christ's blood and my sins are covered eternally, but that doesn't always make sense to me. I think that I, having a finite mind, cannot comprehend fully the infinite love of God. I tend to think "I have committed xxxx amount of sins, God now hates me xxxx amount. I know this isn't true. God said my sins are in the depths of the ocean, they are as far as the east is from the west. So how do I overcome these lies about God hating me?

1) By recognizing that they are indeed lies
2) By praying that God will help me to accept His forgiveness
3) Realizing that all I am doing is taking my salvation into my own hands.

We cannot pay for what we have done, from the 'smallest' white lie to the worst thing you can think of that you have ever done. It's covered, it's paid for, it's bought at a price we couuld never afford. Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to edit my comment but it wouldn't let me!

    First - thanks for posting this - it's a great reminder that I need to hear :) I constantly struggle with the 'feeling' that even though I've confessed, that somehow the Lord's keeping a tab on what I've done even though I know based on scripture that's a lie.

    Last week on the way to Prayer & Praise a song I've listened to many times in the past became real - and it helped to remind me of the truth. It's 'The Greatest Gift' and it's on the Jesus Is: Remix album. At the cost of leaving a very long comment...here are some of the lyrics :)

    "Condemnation falls away
    Never more to call on me
    I am clean, I am clean
    The powerful work of You in me
    Breaks the chains of guilt and shame
    I go free, yes I go free

    I take them to your cross and leave them there
    Captured by this grace I’m free at last

    It is the great gift of Your salvation
    Working in me, working in me
    It is the life giving taste of heaven
    Your kindness revealed, Your kindness revealed to me

    It’s the greatest gift of all

    Your mercy’s pouring down on me,
    I am clean, I am clean
    Your mercy’s pouring down on me,
    I go free, I go free"

    A powerful reminder of the freedom and forgiveness we have in Jesus our Redeemer. My biggest challenge - leaving sin, guilt & shame at the cross and not picking them back up again :)

    ReplyDelete