Check out this blog!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ins and outs and ups and downs....

Ever feel like you don't know how you feel? Like lately there are times when I'm sad without a reason, overjoyed without cause, contemplative without solutions, and driven, but not sure exactly where I'm driving. It's kinda like being on a roller coaster on a ship lost at sea during a hurricane... I think. Not that I have ever been on a roller coaster on a ship lost at sea during a hurricane, but maybe you get my drift.

On the bright side, even though I may be on said coaster-shipamabob, I know I'm not alone. Someone is sitting right next to me, going with me through everything. Jesus is the only constant in my life. I think part of the reason I have been feeling this way is because of the book I recently read. It is entitled "The Trouble With Jesus" and was written by Joseph Stowell. The book really stirred up my spirit and really got me fired up! Sometimes when I think about it, I feel like I'm not doing enough to really stand up for Jesus. And in our day and age, how can we aford not to!? This kinda tears at me and I just wanna do more to glorify His precious name. But ya know, sometimes it can be a bad thing to be running at full speed for Him. We need to remember to rest in Him too. And when we are running on high, we can get burned out and lose focus as quickly as we obtained it. There is a precious balance, and I think it's something I haven't yet learned. It's kinda like Mary and Martha when Jesus came to visit. Martha was trying to do too much! There is a time and place for everything, and I am learning to recognize the times and places for every aspect of my life. I know it's a long process to finding this balance, but I am thankful for Jesus, and for the friends and family that God has blessed me with. There are so many people in my life that encourage me and help me keep my focus.

So to any of you in one of the cars on this roller-shipamacoaster, remember you are not alone!! Jesus and your friends are right there with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment