Check out this blog!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good Weekend!

The weekend was great!! It started out on Saturday with a very fun barn dance at the Bernier's barn. The trip out was alot of fun... I taught Elise a game that is too hard to explain in a blog.... Okay maybe not too hard but I just don't wanna explain it right now. And Christine was kinda dazed from some sinus medication. So we got to the barn and I learned a bunch of new dances which I am sure to forget until next time, but it was a blast!!! Then we left (four hours later) and ate at Applebees where we all talked about dreams and stories and writing and such.

Then today, Sunday, we went to church at the Guthrie's household. Mom Guthrie made a bunch of stew which was magnificent!!!! And mom Holden made cheesey biscuits which were amazingly deciduous! The church service was good too. Mark actually had the congregation preach his message for him, though he tied everything together at the end. It was pretty neat. Oh, and during the worship service we had a good prayer time.... And i cried..... But Micah was a true friend and cried right alongside me! Then his sister, Elise, in true sister form, cried alongside us! Jake afterwards said I was a jerk cause I almost made him cry. And Rachel was crying too.... But it was great. God gave us emotions for a reason, and I have been keeping things too bottled up inside lately. So we all prayed for each other, and were brought closer together through it all.

So after food and church, we shot guns! There were probably 30 guns there! (don't tell Obama) And we probably shot over 3 thousand rounds at clay pigeons and a globe and home grown veggies and a washing machine.... I don't know how the washing machine offended Mrs. Guthrie, but I'm not sure if it deserved what we put it through! And I rediscovered that I'm not a great skeet shooter. But it was fun all the same.

All in all, it was a busy but enjoyable weekend filled with great friends, family, food, fun, and fellowship. I am so thankful for this church family that God has blessed me with. Thank you all for being there!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha....too funny! Glad that you had a good weekend...my family's house is always fun. Even if you do end up crying while there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it was very good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could be there Colin!!It was a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Church at the Guthries really was fun. It's not at just any church that you can sing, feast, worship and shoot guns all in one afternoon.

    And I think I managed not to cry.. which is amazing because I'm a very sympathetic cryer. Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete